Integrating social media insights alongside the rest of your marketing or business intelligence data gives you a holistic understanding of your entire digital strategy, all in one place.
With Emplifi Power BI Connector, you’ll be able to include social media data from Socialbakers Public API in your charts and graphs and combine them with other data you own.
Please note that after connecting Socialbakers API, only data from the profiles you monitor in your Emplifi Social Marketing Cloud account will be available.
What is the Power BI Connector?
The Power BI Connector is a layer between Socialbakers Public API and Power BI itself. It helps you work with your data intuitively, directly in the Power BI tool. All data and metrics available in the Socialbakers Public API are also available in the Connector.
Please visit the official documentation for more information about Socialbakers Public API and a list of available metrics. You’ll find it here.
Important: Data pulled from the Socialbakers Public API depends on the social media pages and the corresponding data connections you monitor in your Emplifi account. You won’t have access to insights metrics data if:
- You don’t own a page.
- Insights are not connected.
- The insights token has expired.
You will have access to a profile’s public data as long as it’s being monitored in your Emplifi Social Marketing Cloud Account.
How to Start Using the Power BI Connector
To start using the Connector, you need to have access to Socialbakers Public API. Log in to the Connector using the same authentication token and secret you use to access our API. The process is described in the Security and Authentication section of our Public API documentation if you need support.
How to access Socialbakers public API
- Go to Emplifi Social Marketing Cloud Account Settings → Integrations & API
- In the Integrations & API menu, you’ll see all the possible integrations we offer.
- If the Socialbakers Public API integration is not yet activated, hit the request button. Your Customer Success Manager will be automatically notified and they’ll contact you as soon as possible.
- If you already have the API integration activated for your account, you can contact our support team and ask for your API login credentials.
The login credentials are generated for every user in your Emplifi account. Each user has unique API credentials.
- Once our support team grants you your API credentials, you can start working with the Connector.
How to get the latest version of the Power BI Connector
For smooth operations, make sure you’ve downloaded the latest version of the Power BI Connector and installed it on your Power BI Desktop.
To install the latest version:
- Download the Power BI Connector here
- Follow the instructions in the installation wizard
- Go to your Power BI Desktop app. From the main menu (Home), click on Get data
- The Get Data window appears. Search for “Socialbakers” and select the Socialbakers Connector
- Now you can start analyzing your Socialbakers data within Power BI.