Connect Instagram Publishing Permissions
Before you connect the Instagram profile to your Socialbakers account please make sure these requirements are met:
- Please confirm that your Instagram profile is a business account. In case it’s not a business account please convert it as per guidelines provided by Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/502981923235522
- Confirm that the Instagram profile is linked to its respective Facebook page.
You can do so by logging into your Facebook account and access your managed page:
Then click on the Facebook page’s Settings.
Under the ‘Instagram’ section, the basic information of the IG profile you wish to connect should be displayed:
- Please confirm that you have admin access to the respective Facebook page the IG profile is linked to.
Under the ‘Page Roles’, your name/Facebook user profile HAS TO be included among the roles with either the ‘ADMIN’ or ‘EDITOR’ role:
- Please confirm that your Instagram page is already added to your Socialbakers account.
- Please open your browser in incognito mode or clear your cache and cookies
Clear cache and cookies
In case all requirements are met, please proceed with connecting the Instagram Publishing Permission.
- Please log into your Socialbakers account
- Visit the ‘Profiles’ section under your Account Settings
- Find the Instagram page and click on ‘Connect Permissions’
- An Instagram login window should pop up. Please make sure you enter the login credentials to the respective Instagram account:
- A Facebook Login window should pop up afterwards. Please make sure you enter the login credentials to the Facebook user account that has admin access to the Facebook page the Instagram profile is linked to.
- Once you’re logged in, you should see the following windows:
Please make sure you Continue as the admin Facebook profile
- Allow our platform to access all the relevant data and click on ‘OK’ (Please note that the image below represents only a part of all the section that are required; upon scrolling down this window, you’ll see more permissions)
Your Instagram profile should then be successfully connected to the Socialbakers platform:
Should you come across any difficulties or should the connection not go through, please double-check the Business Integration of your Facebook admin account to our ‘Socialbakers.com’ application.
- Please log into your Facebook admin account and visit the ‘Business Integration’ section under your Account Settings:
Afterwards, click on ‘View and Edit’ and confirm that all permissions related to the Instagram page are ticked.
In case the permissions are all checked, and the issue still persists, please try removing our application from the business Integration.
Afterwards, please follow the Steps 1 – 7 as mentioned above.
- Please confirm that your Facebook admin profile is linked to the Instagram profile.
You can do so by accessing your Instagram profile on the phone and check the
- Revoke the access of our application in your Instagram page (Instagram desktop mode)
- Log into the Instagram page in question and click on ‘Edit Profile’
- Select the Authorized Applications section and click on ‘Revoke Access’
Finally, please open your browser in incognito mode (make also sure that your browser add-ons/extensions are turned off) and follow the Steps 1 – 7 as mentioned above.