This article will guide you through the simple steps of connecting a LinkedIn profile and publishing permissions to your Socialbakers Suite account.
Let’s start with the important prerequisites before adding a LinkedIn profile to Socialbakers Suite:
- Make sure the LinkedIn profile is a company type - It's only possible to add company profiles to the platform, per LinkedIn's API limitations.
Follow LinkedIn’s official documentation here to learn how to create a company page.
- The LinkedIn profile has to have the ‘Designated Admin’ role assigned on the company page.
You can find who the ‘Designated Admins’ admins of a company page are by going to the Company Page → Admin Tools → Page admins → ‘Designated Admins’, as shown in the screen below:
All other roles lack sufficient permission to connect the Publishing permissions with Socialbakers (Recruiter Posters, Sponsored Content Posters, etc.).
Now let’s guide you through the steps to connect an Owned LinkedIn profile (“ as Private”).
Connecting an Owned LinkedIn Profile
1. Log in to your Socialbakers Suite account;
2. Press the +Add a Social Profile button found at the top right corner of your Socialbakers Suite account;
3. A pop-up window will appear. Here, you have the option of adding Private profiles;
4. Click on Add Private Profiles. When adding pages as Private, it requires a login to the LinkedIn profile in order to complete the authorization:
5. Press Connect LinkedIn;
6. Insert your LinkedIn profile credentials. Note that your LinkedIn profile login credentials will always be requested to continue with the data connections.
- Make sure this profile has Admin Access (‘Designated Admin’) to the Company page you’re trying to connect. Check the Official documentation here if you want to know more about the ‘Designated Admins’ role.
If this is the first time a connection between Socialbakers and LinkedIn has been made for this profile, please make sure to allow the sync, pressing the Allow button.
7. Press Add Profile, on the next screen.
8. Your profile is now connected and classified as Owned together with its Publishing permissions.
Connecting Publishing Permissions
If your profile is already connected without its Publishing permissions, you need to connect them manually:
- Go to Socialbakers’ Suite Settings → Profiles → Select the LinkedIn profile from the list of profiles monitored in your Socialbakers Suite Account.
- Press the Connect button to connect the publishing permissions.
- Socialbakers Suite uses the LinkedIn session currently being used in the same browser. So make sure it’s the correct one!
- In case you're not sure what profile you're logged into right now, our advice is to log out of any active LinkedIn profile in your browser - this way, Socialbakers Suite will ask to log in to your LinkedIn Profile for authorization.
- Continue from step 8, as the process is the same (including the requisites mentioned at the beginning of this guide). If everything is followed accordingly, your publishing permissions will be successfully connected.