Integrating social media insights alongside the rest of your marketing or business intelligence data gives you a holistic understanding of your entire digital strategy, all in one place. With Socialbakers Google Data Studio Connector you’ll be able to include your social media data from Socialbakers Public API in your charts and graphs together with your own data. Note: Only data from the profiles monitored in your Socialbakers Suite account will be available.
Check the Official Google Data Studio Connector description here.
The Google Data Studio Connector is a layer between Socialbakers API and Google Data Studio itself and helps you work with your data in an intuitive way, directly in the BI tool. All data and metrics available in the Socialbakers API are also available in the Connector. For more information about Socialbakers Public API and a list of metrics available, please visit the official documentation here.
Important: All the data pulled from the API will depend on the pages and corresponding data connections monitored in your Socialbakers Account, meaning that you won’t have access to insights metrics data if:
- You don’t own the page;
- Insights are not connected;
- The insights token is expired.
You will have access to a profile’s public data as long as it’s being monitored in your Socialbakers Suite account.
To start using the Connector, you first need to have access to Socialbakers Public API.
How to Access Socialbakers Public API
Go to Socialbakers Suite Account Settings → Integrations & API
In this menu, you have all the possible integrations that we offer.
If the Socialbakers Public API integration is not yet activated, press the Request button - your Account Manager will be automatically notified and contact you as soon as possible.
If you already have the API integration activated for your account, you can contact our support team to get your login API credentials. The login credentials are generated from a user in your Socialbakers Suite Account. Each user has its unique API credentials.
Once your API credentials have been granted by our Support team, you can start working with the Connector.
Login and Authorization
- You can access the Connector directly here, or you can find it in the Data Studio Gallery. (You should be logged in to your Google account);
!- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE LATEST VERSION OF THE CONNECTOR -!
- After accessing the link above, you should be prompted to complete a form. Feel free to complete the form according to your specifications, and once you’re done press Save;
- Authorize the Connector;
- A new window/tab will open requesting you to choose a Google Account in order to continue to the Socialbakers API 3.0. You need to “Allow” the Connector to access your Google Account;
- Enter the credentials granted by our support team. It’s important to note that your credentials are ‘Token’ and ‘Secret’, whilst the connector will ask for the Username (our ‘Token’) and Token (our ‘Secret’). Press Submit. Check the screen below for reference:
- After login, you’ll be able to set your report parameters, such as selecting the Data Source, a list of selectable pages monitored in your Socialbakers Suite Account, option to include Insights, etc;
- Once you are satisfied with the parameters set up, as the final step, press Connect.
If everything goes accordingly, the connection is successful and you are ready to create your custom reports.