Integrating social media insights alongside the rest of your marketing or business intelligence data gives you a holistic understanding of your entire digital strategy, all in one place.
With Socialbakers Google Data Studio Connector you’ll be able to include your social media data from Socialbakers Public API in your charts and graphs together with your own data.
Note: Only data from the profiles monitored in your Socialbakers Suite account will be available.
Check the Official Google Data Studio Connector description here.
For more information about Socialbakers Public API and a list of metrics available, please visit the official documentation here.
How to Access our API
Go to Socialbakers Suite Account Settings → Integrations & API
In this menu, you have all the possible integrations that we offer displayed.
In case the Socialbakers Public API integration is not yet activated, press the Request button - your Account Manager will be automatically notified and is to contact you as soon as possible.
If you have the API integration, you should receive an email from our support team with your login API credentials, by request.
The login credentials are generated from a user in your Socialbakers Suite Account. Each user has its unique API credentials.
It’s important to mention that all the data pulled from the API will depend on the pages and corresponding data connections monitored in your Socialbakers Account, meaning that you won’t have access to insights metrics data if:
- You don’t own the page;
- Insights are not connected;
- The insights token is expired.
You will have access to page’s public data as long as it’s being monitored in your Socialbakers Suite account.
Login and Authorization
- Once your API credentials have been granted by our support team, and taking into consideration that you’re already logged in your Google account, please access the connector here, or you can find it here in the Data Studio Gallery;
- After accessing the link above, you should be prompted to complete a form. Feel free to complete the form according to your specifications, and once you’re done press Save;
- Press Authorize;
- A new window/tab will open requesting you to choose a Google Account in order to continue to the Socialbakers API Connector. Press Authorize;
- Enter the credentials granted by our support team. It’s important to note that your credentials are ‘Token’ and ‘Secret’, whilst the connector will ask for the Username (our ‘Token’) and Token (our ‘Secret’). Press Submit. Check the screen below for reference:
- With the next screen, you’ll be able to set your report parameters, such as selecting the Data Source, a list of selectable pages monitored in your Socialbakers Suite Account, option to include Insights, etc;
- Once you are satisfied with the parameters set up, as the final step, press Connect.
If everything goes accordingly, the connection is successful and you are ready to create your custom reports.