On February 6th, Facebook will update its API to improve data privacy for everyone. As we embrace this transition, we want to make sure our clients adapt smoothly. Two key things you'll notice: changes in competitive page monitoring and the availability of certain metrics. While this update touches all social media marketing tools, how will it affect your actual day-to-day? Not much - if you connect Facebook Insights in Suite.
Why Connecting Facebook Insights is a Smart Move
Moving forward, users who decide not to connect Facebook Insights will lose insight into the following in Analytics:
- Fans by country
- Fan count for regional pages
- IDs of most engaged users (Community section of Analytics)
As soon as you do connect, you’ll re-enable these charts and maintain your current view. All historical data, including historical monitored competitor data, will remain available.
With Insights enabled in Suite, you can also:
- Build a comprehensive performance snapshot with everything you need to measure in one place
- Analyze the relationship between different public and private metrics to contextualize your brand’s performance over time and benchmark against the competition
- Share comprehensive results more easily throughout the organization with reporting on a wider range of metrics
How to Connect Facebook Insights to Suite
- To enable Facebook Insights, go to Settings at the top of Suite.
- Once in Settings, go to Data Connections and select Facebook Insights. Click on Connect Facebook Insights.
- A pop-up window will prompt you to select the profile whose Facebook Insights you would like to connect. Now you’re all set!
As part of our ongoing innovation, we’ll stay on top of these changes and continue to add value to your analysis with new competitive metrics.