In order to be able to connect Instagram Insights, you need 3 key elements:
- An Instagram business profile
- A Facebook page
- A Facebook account
If you have access to the 3 elements above, we can get started!
Please follow the easy steps below to enable your own Instagram Insights:
1. It is essential to start off with converting your Instagram profile to a business profile. Please follow this video on Instagram’s blog in order to do so.
2. Please make sure that the Instagram business profile is connected to a published Facebook page.
3. Your Facebook account must have admin rights to manage the Facebook page on Facebook.com
(see step 2), please read the important note from Facebook developers below.
Important note from Facebook developers:
As of now, Instagram API only allows users to connect their Instagram Insights with third-party platforms when users have admin role permission granted from the Facebook Page directly, not for users that have admin role granted via Business Manager.
Please see the following article for step by step instructions on how to grant someone an admin role from the page directly.
4. Please make sure that the Instagram business profile has been added to Socialbakers Suite.
5. Once you have set everything up correctly:
- Log out from Facebook.com
- Log in to Suite > Settings > Data Connections > Instagram Insights
- Click the "Connect Instagram Insights" button
- You will be asked to log in to Facebook.com
- Please log in with the correct Facebook account (see steps 1- 3 above)