Socialbakers Suite is more powerful in analyzing Facebook videos!
As video production becomes more accessible to smaller brands and agencies, a visible shift can also be noticed when it comes to marketing budgets. At Socialbakers, we have responded to the increased popularity of videos being published across all social media platforms by integrating more information regarding the performance of this successful format to Suite.
Let’s get started! Here is a quick summary of what’s new for videos in Analytics:
- Video-related page level metrics have been added to the Facebook overview
- Redesigned Post Details across all platforms now provide a much clearer view of the post performance
- Analysis of your and competitors’ Facebook Live Videos in the Post Detail
- Video metrics for individual Facebook posts are finally accessible in the product
- A few more video metrics have been added to the Facebook Page Video Insights section
Video-related page level metrics
Video-related page level metrics have been added to Facebook overview so you can see your best-performing pages and also get insight into the performance of individual video metrics at a quick glance.
The following metrics have been added:
- Total Time Watched
- Average Time Watched
- Total Video Views
- 10-second Video Views
- 30-second Video Views
- Organic Video Views
- Paid Video Views
And that’s not all! A few more video metrics have also been added to the Facebook Page Video Insights section so that you can get a complete view of the page performance over time:
- 10s video views
- Total, paid, organic views
- Auto-played vs click-to-play views
- Unique vs repeated views
- Total time watched evolution
Redesigned Post Detail
We have redesigned the detail of posts so that all post-related information is displayed in one place, no matter which section the detail was accessed from. The information in the detail is moreover grouped in a logical manner.
In the case of Facebook, for instance, if a user has activated Insights as well as connected an ad account, they will see public data, private data, grade prediction, video metrics, live video data, and ads metrics without having to switch between different Analytics sections.
There are also additional updates worth mentioning:
- All data from the post detail can be exported to an XLSX file and the individual charts can be exported as PNG
- We’re introducing keyboard shortcuts allowing users to switch between the previous and the next post (left/right arrow keys), close the detail (escape) or export (letter “E”)
- You don’t have to go to the native platform to play a video as there’s an embedded player for each platform
- Comments remain in the same section, but they have been redesigned and can be sorted by the number reactions
- Facebook Post Insights are clearly organized by individual “blocks” and include charts and exports
- If a user has an ad account used for the promotion of a post, Facebook Ads metrics are displayed
Analysis of your owned and competitors’ Live Videos
As live videos are becoming more prevalent, it is important to dive deeper into this video format in order to understand its overall impact. Thanks to the new Live Video metrics, you can understand which parts of the broadcast attract the most viewers, when the audience started dropping off and which parts they liked. You can also take these insights to the next level and incorporate them into your next live video by taking a look at the number and distribution of reactions at any time of the video. Finally, we will also notify you whenever a page you track starts a live broadcast.
Video metrics for Facebook Video posts
Video metrics for individual posts are finally accessible in the product! If you are wondering how many 3/10/30-second views your video received, how many were complete views or how much time the audience spent watching your video - sorted by country, age or gender - you can now get answers to all your questions right from the product. We have added all of these metrics to the post detail!
See how the sections are organized below or even better, check it out for yourself in Suite.
- Video Views - Views, 10/30-sec Views, Complete Views, drill-down by Paid/Organic, Autoplay/click-to-play etc.
- View Time - by Organic vs Paid, by country, by Age and Gender
- Video Retention - audience retention curve showing the number of views for every moment of a video as a percentage of the total number of video views
- Video Reach - Impressions/Reach, drill-down by paid/organic/viral
Find out about an additional Video Release - Video Benchmarks - here.
Added November 30, 2017